Monday, August 22, 2011

August 15, 2011

So this week was really really rainy and my comp is sick, as of today so it looks like we are going to have a very very long week this week.

so yes the branch president is out of town but the 1st councilor is still in town so I’m not the "branch president" but if he gets sick or anything it’s all me. Very scary. And a lot of teaching on my end, with my horrible Spanish... not so fun. And blessing the sacrament in Spanish is tough, for sure.

So Wednesday I saw Elder Jackson and that was awesome, I miss him so much and we are totally hanging out when I get home. Because he lives in Provo so simple.

Nothing really happened this week much, today we had an activity for the branch so I’m on latter on the computer than normal but that’s about it. Sunday we had 18 people in church, including us, and the babies.

We are planning an open house type of thing for the church and are trying to announce it on the radio. Hope it works because we want to get the community to get to know the church because there is a lot of bad talking about us after what happened.

So if you wanted to understand how religious crazy Chile is, listen to this. so it’s just like we teach the first lessons, one person can read a scripture and say that it means one thing and another person (or church) can read the same scripture and say it means something completely different. There are posters all over the plaza that says the godhead is not 1, or 3 people but 2. That the Holy Ghost is Jesus himself. And quotes verses from the bible. Man, I thought that all the churches that could be made already have been, but nope I was wrong.

So I don’t know what else to say, we don’t have much time before this place closes so it will be short this week but this is all for you all

Know I love you all and hope you are doing well

Love Elder Kyle Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment