Monday, August 8, 2011

July 25


My first week in Yumbel

Well I am the 2nd counselor in the Branch Presidency and my companion is the Elder's quorum president. It’s tough to say the least. Sunday I blessed the sacrament and then gave a talk to an attendance of 25 people, 4 of which were investigators. I miss Lota for sure.

As 2nd counselor we went with the YM/YW to San Pedro Saturday to represent the branch. It was an YM/YW activity and we couldn’t do anything. During their dance we sat in the hall and heard the blaring music and kids screaming, how fun right?

So my companions name is Elder Escobillana and he is from the very very north part of Chile. He is about to complete 4 years as a member very soon and is 23 years old. He is really funny, well tries really really hard to be funny I should say, and loves being with the members, which is nice for me, because I love building a connection with people and then asking for their help and all. But yah we also need to because our callings are rather big ones if you know what I mean.

So we live alone in the house and it’s so cold, very very cold, even for my pjs which are still amazing.
We do our own laundry and cook for ourselves 3 days a week, so it’s a lot more work on us then Lota was but the people here are grateful for the help.

Yumbel is about an hour and a half outside of any other city and the only English I get is Tuesdays at the zone meetings. It’s tough.

We bought pine cones to burn for heat but they are hard to set on fire, a lot harder than wood on campouts.
So Wednesday is interviews and it’s my first with the new president, I have a feeling it’s in Spanish so yippy, ha-ha. We finally get to meet him one on one so that will be very very nice. I should also receive that package on Wednesday so that is one very very nice thing as well.

The members here are really nice though, I know why Ahart was sad to leave. They love the help, and relate to all the new work that has to be done. I have a feeling like I will be here for a while which is nice but scary because I want the same type of relations I had in Lota but it is a lot of work with the calling.

So how are you all doing? I hear that you are all at Sunriver, and that’s awesome! I am very jealous by the way because I get no vacations, and its go go go all the time, as you all know. I hope you all are having a great time.
Love you all
Elder Kyle Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment