Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 2, 2011

LOTA IS AWSOME. I’m so glad I am here and not Lebu anymore. The members here love the missionaries and feed all 6 at the same time sometimes, but I’ve always had lunch with another companionship so it has been awesome. I live with the zone leaders and they are awesome, one is from New Zealand and the other is from Oregon, woot! Elder Meyer and he is from Eugene I’m pretty sure. But yah we live in an apartment and it is very cold because it’s starting the winter. There are 3 sectors in Lota, Alto medio and bajo. I am in medio and the ZLs are in bajo, who we live with. The Church building is 2 blocks away, and the sector is only 15minutes away from where we live, which is in bajo. Here is the thing though, alto is up onto of the city and is way up there. bajo is the bottom part of the city and is sea level and all that jazz. medio has ALL THE HILLS that make the up and the down of the city. which stinks. I go up and down and up and down, sweat so much! Man it was ridiculous. But yah it’s huge. We did our 200 contacts last week on this huge hill and I was panting so badly, it was ridiculous!


But , Oh the smell!!!   It smells of fish all the time, because we are right on the side of the sea. Oh my gosh the most powerful smell of fish ever, every day all day. It’s ridiculous but apparently you get used to it. Anyway it’s crazy fishy here like the pictures below.
The Lota smell

Right outside our apartment
Some stories:
So there is this crazy lady here that hates everyone, people call her Maria la loca, she is insane and hates life I think. Anyway on my first day in Lota I walked by her and Elder Jackson just said, smile and look nice. She looked at me and had a HUGE rock in her hand, raised it up and threw it at us. Didn’t hit either of us but she threw a huge rock at us and called us some bad names in Spanish. that was crazy.

That same night we walked thru the plaza on the way home, and walked by all the plaza dogs, dogs that live in the plaza, like 25 of them. Jackson said don’t worry they don’t do anything, so I walked by like nothing was wrong, one got pissed at me for no reason about 5 feet away, and started barking and chasing me, trying to bite me. That was the last time I listened to Jackson, hahahaha.

Then 2 nights ago we were walking home along a road that was very dark. Out of nowhere these small rocks just started coming at us, I got hit in the head and the back and the shoe, nothing big or anything like that and did not do any serious damage but all these rocks were being thrown at us by these annoying little kids. But yah those are some great new stories from Lota, hahaha.

The  branch is great, every Tuesday night they do a family home evening for the branch and we bring investigators to it, and every Friday night they play church movies in the church and we bring investigators to that as well, and sometimes they play Disney movies or other movies like the Singles Ward or the Best Two Years. It’s a great ward, and we always have meals! It’s awesome always being fed and not having to cook, it’s just awesome. 

Elder Jackson my companion: he is from Utah and has 15months in the mission. He is like me but a little quieter, super funny and awesome. Teaches amazingly well, and always has me sharing a new scripture so I do a lot of scripture searching in my personal time. We are planning on going to Concepcion next week. He likes motor cross and extreme sporty stuff like that, he is great and I am really lucky with my companions so far for sure. Jackson, Gibbs and Goddard are like the best companions you could hope for. We have a baptism already lined up for the 14th. we are marrying a woman who is 24 on the 14th and baptizing her that day right after the wedding, I think missionaries can actually marry we are checking with president on Wednesday for sure but wouldn’t that be cool?

Lota is amazing, sorry I’m trying to throw so much new information in here as fast as I can, and I know I’m forgetting stuff, but hey next week I get to call you so that will be awesome!  I honestly can’t wait for that! I haven’t seen you all in 4 months, that’s crazy to think about but it’s been since Christmas, I need to show you my tan and my carnet (Chile id card meaning I’m a legit Chilean! hahahaha)

Well about the call, not sure what will happen, I have been emailing Andrew and he can let you know what we decided more specifically but all I can tell you is I will try to call through Gmail between Wednesday and Sunday to set up the time, like I did for the Christmas call. So once you get that call you can be more excited, not until then, cause if you are looking forward to that already it will be a long week for all of us, trust me, hahaha.

Well I love you all so much! know that, I can’t wait to talk to you next week!

Let Alyssa know she is awesome for always writing me, and Hilary as well! and that Alyssa now is no longer in cool Europe, but in stinky Provo, hahahaha!!!

I love you all so much

Elder Kyle Allen

1 comment:

  1. Yay I made it in a blog! Jokes, I'm happy Kyle's getting my letters. Sounds like he's doing great!

    ReplyDelete