Friday, October 21, 2011

October 19, 2011

I am writing to you on Wednesday because I went to Lebu with Elder Elder on Monday.  He leaves next month.   It was a good trip but we slept on the floor in Lebu and that was the worst night in the world! I visited the one family that I really loved from Lebu and showed them that I could finally talk, so that was nice and they loved it. But the bus rides were awful! Just awful and sooooo long, not fun.
 My new comps name is Elder Montalbán-cares. He is from Santiago Chile, is 23 years old and worked for apple. He has the new iPod shuffle that you can wear as a watch and it is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen! I’m in awe seriously, it’s amazing. This is his second sector so I am teaching how to move into a new sector.
What have I been doing you ask?  Ok so we have an activity in our sector (Renaico) for the entire mission on the 31st of October. I am in charge of all the things we need for this activity, aka the stadium, the grills, the permits, everything in Renaico I need to get before they come. So it’s a nightmare because it’s not like in the states where you can call the parks and rec and just ask for a day, it’s hard because we are a religious group and blah blah blah. We are told that no one should be staying the night, but I doubt that very many people will follow that rule because Renaico is the favorite sector of many missionaries.
I will attach a picture of the T-shirt that I have been designing for our sector.

I am not feeling any better.  I’m about the same, honestly it’s that time of the year, everyone is sick, we gave 3 blessings yesterday so yah everyone is sick. I don’t have green snot just so you know, ha-ha

Ok so Elder Pliler is a zone leader now, and so is Elder Jackson, which is really exciting for them. We are focusing this cambio on helping the branch, so what we are doing is lots of activities with the young men and young women, we are doing lots of branch family home evenings and lots of visits to less active members. It’s actually really fun because we had an idea for a movie night for the YMYW and we didn’t want to do a Disney movie like Shrek or Rio because no YMYW would come, just you know their little siblings. So what we are doing is showing Green Lantern. We heard its good with a really good message for the YMYW. We asked our mission president if we could watch it with them and he said yes, and that we should watch it first so that we know it’s ok to show them. I’m going to watch it in English tomorrow because, I COMPLETE A YEAR TOMORROW!!!

Yep that’s right I’m in the dead middle of my mission, that’s crazy and I’m so happy. I’m half way done and still half a half. I don’t know it just feels better and I like the focus we have on the branch this cambio because I am not thinking about numbers just the people and only the people. We don’t have the best numbers but I don’t care, the leaders don’t like that but I love the work we are doing and the branch does too so I’m just plain happy with that, minus when the leaders get mad, but my comp is district leader so he says, whatever. President has lots of faith and confidence in us and that’s why he said we can watch that movie and that’s why we are in Renaico while the activity goes down so I feel a little better. Still am sick but overall, it’s ok, because I made it a year. I made it a year. Know that I love you all so much and I’m sorry I was rushed this week but that’s just what this time is, crazy, next week I'll do better, fyi I just printed all your letters and will read them tonight, next week I’ll do my normal responding.
love you, Elder Kyle Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment