Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28, 2011

Sister Swenson, Elder Allen, and President Swenson.  They will be missed. 
To explain what is up/ why I’m on today, Tuesday and not yesterday, Monday.  Well we had an entire mission conference up in Concepcion because President and Hermana Swenson leave today for the states. We are going to have our new President starting today but I have no information on him because I’ve never met him.

So yesterday was amazing, really. We had the entire mission in one building, I saw all my friends from the MTC and we had a great time. But it was so sad saying goodbye to President and Hermana Swenson. They had everyone come up and say goodbye one on one so that was amazing, it will be hard to go on without them but we have to, so it will have to work. There were skits and funny pictures and it was a blast. We also had a group of elders do the hauka (Samoan dance) for President and I got a video of it, it was awesome!
Alejandro and Monica and Byron

Saturday we baptized Monica and Alejandro. They are awesome. I was shocked that it all worked out and they wanted it really bad at the end which shocked me because they never really wanted to until that moment. And Dagoberto received the priesthood Sunday, so that was awesome to see, really awesome to see actually. Alejandro will be getting the priesthood this week I think also so that is pretty awesome! I’m going to try to upload those pictures this time so you get to see all that, but the internet does go down a lot in here so cross your fingers! (Well so far so good)

We have all of the people that can be baptized soon baptized now, so it’s on the fun task of finding new people. We have 4 that are good investigators but only one of them has a fecha for baptism. 2 want to wait until January to do it, and the other is just a relatively slow mover progress wise. But I think we finally did it this month and hit the mission goal of breaking 100 baptisms in the month for the mission. We met the zone goal of 12 but we all know it was the Lord doing the work. I was just lucky enough to be a mouth piece.

The weather has gotten very cold and rainy. It’s pretty miserable at times, but oh my gosh those footy PJ's are amazing! All the new people in the house are jealous because they need like 5 blankets to sleep and I need just 2-3 with the footy PJ’s. They are a life saver and some of the best looking things I could be wearing! hahaha.

I had an intercombio with Elder Beaty from my MTC district yesterday and that was awesome! I think we might live together after the mission. For winter that is, and then find a way to add Joe Cory and Tanner. Well I have lots of time to plan it out I just know they are awesome, and I will be visiting Gibbs and Jackson in Provo because they are going to go to UVU so that will be awesome because I love those guys. It’s crazy they were so awesome comps!

This week we are just doing a lot of contacting and trying to get new investigators because we baptized all the great ones that were ready. And next week we might hit up the mine in Lota, I hear it goes under the ocean. And it’s cool for the first few minutes, but after that it’s the same, I don’t know we will see what is up and possibly go if the weather doesn’t close it.

But yes, how are you all doing? Trevor tell me what you ended up doing for high adventure, Andrew enjoy your running that’s great to hear, mom, enjoy no little annoying brats while on your summer break! Dad enjoy that stinking In-N-Out that I want so badly! Because they don’t have burgers here, unless you buy the pre packaged patty and fry it yourself but they just aren’t as good, you know? But yah that’s what I have for you all right now, I hope you are doing well. I hear next week we might have a northern zone conference and meet the new President, not this week but next. We will see, and I will tell you about him more when I meet him and all that jazz because I don’t even know what he looks like, hahaha.

But yah know I love you all, like always, stay safe and stay classy! Make sure you write me and have a good time without me and all, you better make sure that you don’t have too good of a time without me, hahaha

the pictures worked so enjoy them and the few videos, love you lots
Elder Kyle Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment