Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 13, 2011



My zone before last transfer

My new companion is Elder Nelson, he is from Texas, Austin I think, I’m not entirely sure but I know its Texas for sure.

I have the cell phone this cambio so I talk a lot in Spanish to people that it’s almost impossible to understand over a phone because they hold the phone way away from their face like Andrew and speak crazy fast, ha-ha just kidding Andrew.  But yah that’s the cambio, I don’t know what else to say, so I’ll leave it at that.

I got an awesome package from Goddard, that was so awesome, 2 ties and lots of American candy, man that was perfect! thank you so much God-dad´s!!! ha-ha

So this week we had a mission goal of each companionship getting into 25 houses. wow, that was really hard.  We got into 15. Some people in our zone did it and got the 25 but we just got 15.  That was really great and we got 12 news I think so that was a good week, and we will always have people to go to now.

Saturday we baptized Dogalberto so that was awesome, I’ll put pictures up next week because I forgot my camera. But yah Elder Jackson was sad he couldn’t be here for that, poor guy.

We have 3 fechas for the 25th to be baptized, so Lota Medio could end the month with 5 baptisms, that would be so awesome and crazy because that’s a lot, it’s happened before but yah that’s a lot.

The Swenson’s leave at the end of the month so I’m not looking forward to that. I love being able to call Hermana Swenson and just talk when I need to, she has offered me many dinners when I return so we might have to do what we did with Andrew.  I might try to live in their basement or something, hahaha just kidding about that second part.

Tomorrow we have the northern zone conference and we get to meet the new Mission President, it’s so sad thinking about president leaving. But I do get to see elder Ahart from my MTC district for the first time since the MTC so I’m super excited about that for sure!!! But still a sad thing for sure. I’m going to talk to Hermana Swenson a lot tomorrow, she’s awesome.

My Spanish is getting better, so I’ve heard. I don’t know, I don’t notice much because it’s something I use every day but others say it’s getting better. I can pretty much understand everything that people say, as long as its scripture language, ha-ha.

Quick story for all of you that have been praying for me to have the gift of tongues:
So I went over to Dogalberto´s house on Wednesday with a goal to put a fecha for that same Saturday because he was ready and there is no point waiting if he is ready, but putting a fecha was the ultimate goal. I starting teaching and teaching and talking and talking and I saw my companion and the young man we were with trying to jump in and speak but I just kept saying "I know they want to speak but I won’t let them because I know what I am saying you need to hear". I just kept talking and saying things I don’t know how to say. As you know he got baptized and that was one of the craziest experiences of my life. The young man gave a talk on Sunday and said "Elder Allen’s Spanish isn’t amazing as all of us know, but when he starting teaching I understood everything, he didn’t ask once how to say something, we all knew what he was saying and knew that he had more to say, and it wasn’t from him." or something like that. It was crazy. So thank you all for that, that was so not me and I’m so glad it wasn’t me because now I know what it’s like to be in those stories you always hear, hahaha.

But yah that was my week, it was exciting and stressful and interesting all wrapped into one

I love you all so much, keep safe.
Elder Kyle Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment