Wednesday, April 11, 2012

March 26, 2012

Well, I’m not being transferred, so that’s nice, I’m staying here with my same companion and that’s good because we get along and everything. So yes I’m happy we will be getting another 6 weeks together. I am officially the oldest in my zone though, so that’s really weird, but that’s what we get for having a zone way out in the middle of nowhere.

About the ankle, it turns out that they want me to go to a physical therapy type thing, 10 sessions of it and if that works YEAH, if not they have more tests to run. they said that 9 out of 10 people get it fixed by doing this therapy thing, but he said that those 9 out of 10 people get this within the first 6 months of the accident, and because I have been walking on it for a year and a half, he is hoping that it will work, but if not, I don’t know, he has some other plans of exams and what not.

We had interviews this past week, and that was fun, it’s always fun talking with President because he seems to be more down to earth with us lately. And plus, Elder Pliler is an assistant and he was my companion so I love seeing him. He is a great guy and that was a fun time with him in Renaico. 

We don’t really have any set investigators so this past cambio has been just about contacting. But there is a boyfriend of a girl here that visits every other weekend and we teach him on the Sundays that he is here. He is great and I think we will put a baptismal date with him soon, because he listens and is really nice, we just want to make sure that he understands it all and will do it for the gospel not for the girl.

We are also making a huge push to receive more references from the members here because the contacting isn’t working for us, and statistically we baptism way more of the references that we receive then the contacts we do. President Swenson said like 1.3 of every 1000 contacts is a baptism, bit 1 of every 20 references are baptized so we are making a huge push. But that all depends on the members here as well because we can bug and be all nice and everything but if they don’t feel like it we won’t get anything.

So I’m hoping that the PT type thing can start this week, but other than that I don’t know what’s going to happen this week. OH GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! Man I’m excited for that!!! Best weekend ever! 

Ps I found this video from the church website, sooooo pumped!!!
It’s so weird, before the mission I would only get pumped like this if there was a BYU football game or a brave’s baseball game, but General Conference on the mission is sooo much fun. I sure hope we have an English room!

Happy birthday to dad and grandpa, sorry I missed them, but hey I will be home next time to tell you in person!!

Love you all
Elder Kyle Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment