Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, 2011

So last week’s letter was amazing, I know it won’t always be that cool. We went to Boca Lebu today with Cañete 2 which is actually now Elder Lundgreen from my MTC district. He was our first district leader in the MTC and now he is in my first zone in the field. Actually Elder Gibbs my comp is his district leader so he is in my district which is pretty sweet.

yep, im the cutest guy in chile, what now latinos
Elder Lundgreen and Elder Allen
Elder Gibbs
We had General Conference like the rest of the world this weekend which was amazing. I’m not going to lie this was the first time I was able to watch all the sessions without falling asleep during one of them, crazy huh! Yah that was my accomplishment. I was also able to take 10 pages (front and back) of notes this Conference (how I stayed awake for the whole thing). Holland’s talk was amazing as always like dad pointed out, always great to hear someone express the love I want to express for the most inspired man in the world. Oh yah and I was able to get a small class room in the building (luckily the stake center for the Lebu district is in Lebu so we didn’t have to travel anywhere) for the broadcast in English, which was the most amazing thing about the week. It’s so much easier to get what they say when you can actually understand, although that one talk about the to do and to be, I don’t think I will understand that until I get the Ensign (yah we get them dad) because it sounded like a Dr. Seuss talk when it was given, I was so lost.

Some sad news:
So this week Stephanie’s little boy got pneumonia and its super serious, they won’t let more than one person in the room at a time and his mom won’t leave his side, so we can’t go in and give him a blessing cause no one else can go in, and we can’t be separated from each other. So it’s tough, she missed all the GC sessions, and she really wanted to go. We moved her fecha back to the 16th this month because she needs one more church assistance. And if the boy gets worse he will be moved to the hospital in Concepcion, hopefully that won’t happen. so yah, could you all think of him tonight, I know you don’t know him but she is our golden investigator and we don’t want any other reasons for her to move out of Lebu because well, she has had the worst trials of her life in Lebu. I know the Lord will bless her like he has, but it is still scary and all.
Stephanie

But yah, I have some exciting news!
So every missionary has told me, forget about bacon, you won’t find it in Chile. No one eats bacon here. And I was distraught. I was hurt to say the least. The best meat in the world, none for 2 years, um way hard. Well I was looking around the quico (rich people) part of bigger (the grocery store) and I saw someone restocking. it was where I buy salami so I was curious if there was a new type, because in Chile when something is gone its very unlikely that the same thing will come back, there is no such thing as restocking like the states, anyway, and they were putting out something for 3mill (6 us $) and it was a pack of bacon, 5 strips. Smallest strips I’ve ever seen, but I was in heaven. I showed Gibbs and he was shocked and baffled! We both bought a pack and will be making breakfast sandwiches on French toast bread this week and I am thrilled to say the least. During GC I kept thinking of the amazing breakfast feast I was missing, I took all that amazing food for granted. I missed bacon, and French toast and all that, it’s not existent here.

I just want to point out that the church already has all of general conference on the website, we are going to try to download some of the talks in Spanish and show Stephanie this week because she missed out and I think it would be really great for her to see the prophet and listen to his words because you can already download the talks in Spanish. What an amazing organization we have!

Well I don’t know what else to throw in here, I loved conference, there were a lot of great talks and I actually can’t wait for the Ensign, yep it was a great weekend and I hear you all loved it to, and had fun with your visitors.

I love and miss you all so much!!!
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment